FOSTAC is Training and Certification body of FSSAI and It is mandatory to have 1 food safety training supervisor on every 25 staff working in any Food Business. If you have less than 25 Staff than also atleast 1 Certified Food Safety Supervisor should be available at any point of time when food is handled in the food business.
Order Details – As Per Order of Food Safety and Standard Authority of India, Section 16(3)h of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 dated 6th October 2017, Training becomes mandatory for All Central and State Licensed FBO (Food Business Operator ) under Food Safety Supervisor Act 2006 and so it is accorded under the Central License or State License to have at least one trained Food Safety Supervisor for a minimum of 25 food handling staff.
EP Infoways Pvt. Ltd. is a registered Training Partner with FOSTAC – FSSAI for Training and Certification and also empaneled with Karnatka FSSAI Department to impart training in all Karnatka State.
Empanelment Letter with Karnakta FSSAI Department –
Food Safety Training & Certification (FoSTaC) Legal context – As per the portal – https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/PDF/FoSTaC_uploading.pdf
- In terms of Section 16(3)(h) of the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, FSSAI has to ensure training (whether within or outside their area) of persons who are or intend to become involve^ in Food Businesses, whether as FBOs or employees or otherwise.
- All FBOs having Central License or State License should have at least one trained and certified Food Safety Supervisor for every 25 food handlers or part thereof on all their premises. These supervisors should in turn carry out periodic onsite training of all food handlers at least quarterly and maintain a record thereof for food safety audits and inspections. Food handlers in all petty food businesses that are registered should be trained and certified.
- Recommended Timeline to complete training (i) Catering, Manufacturing, Milk & Milk Products, Meat & Poultry ‐ 31/05/2020 or as mandated by Licensing & Registration regulations whichever is earlier. (ii) Petty FBOs‐By 31/03/2021 (iii) Retail, Storage, Bakery, Water & beverages, Edible Oil & Fat, Health Supplement, Fish & Sea Food ‐ By 31/12/2020 or as mandated by Licensing & Registration regulations, by 31/12/2020 whichever is earlier.
- FoSTaC Programme ‐ Food Safety Training & Certification (FoSTaC) program is a large-scale training program for food businesses across the value chain. 18 Courses have been launched under this program. The duration of the courses is from 04 to 12 hours categorized in three levels i.e. Basic, Advance and Special for different kinds of businesses. The training is being imparted through Training Partners empanelled for this purpose. EP Infoways is a Registered Training Partner.
EP Infoways Details can be seen – http://epinfoways.com/fostac All FBOs having Central License or State License should have at least one trained and certified Food Safety Supervisor for every 25 food handlers or part thereof on all their premises. These supervisors should in turn carry out periodic onsite training of all food handlers at least quarterly and maintain a record thereof for food safety audits and inspections. Food handlers in all petty food businesses that are registered should be trained and certified.
Training At the end of the course, learners will be able to:
• Why it’s part of your job to produce clean, safe food. The importance of personal hygiene.
• What to look for inside and outside the building that can cause contamination. How to prevent contamination from equipment, tools, and utensils.
• How to safely handle and inspect raw materials and ingredients and how to document those inspections
• FSSAI standards & requirements; Demonstrate learnings of Schedule-IV Virtual Training Courses: Because of COVID-19 pandemic
The course is Relevant for –
- Hospitality Professionals
- Hotel/Restaurant Professionals
- Hotel Management Students
- Food Safety, Quality, Technologist Professionals
- Catering, Cafe, and related professional
Advance Food Safety Supervisor Training
Sample Certificate Advance Catering ( Association Name and Address will come on the Certificate) –
Advance Catering/bakery Training fee is ( Actual Fee – Rs. 1000+GST)
but for the BBHA Association Members, we are providing a 25% discount to all Members –
Training Fee – Rs. 750 + GST
Training payment link for Advance Training with Soft Copy Of Certificate – (RS-885/-)
Training Fee with Hard Copy of Certificate Courier to Candidate Address – Rs. 900 + GST
for Training with hard copy of Certificate -(RS 1062/-)
Basic Food Safety Supervisor Training